Friday, April 19, 2013

Holy crap, this Boston business is frickin terrifying.

Can you believe this??  I feel like Boston just became the set of a Michael Bay film.  Frickin bombs going off, city on lockdown, possible terrorist at large...this is no joke.
Here I sit in Wisconsin, thinking "how can I help?  What can I do?  Where the hell is Watertown?"
My idea to "help" Boston is self-motivated. I feel like a greedy a-hole, kind of, but I'm going to do it anyway.
Really...it's not helping at all.  I got the idea off CNN iReport.
I'm going to train for a 5K.  I'm scared.  I'm probably going to barf and pass out at the finish line, if I even make it that far. I'm worried people will stare at my jiggly booty and my ham arms and my boobs and my belly.  But dammit, I'm doing it anyway. 
It may not actually "help" anybody but myself. But it's my small effort to show solidarity in these troubled times.

I'll use this blog to document my training and fitness progress, and document any setbacks that come my way.  HOPEFULLY I will at least inspire and remind myself what I'm doing and why...should I ever forget.

Do they even make running clothes for big ladies?

More importantly...do they make portable barf buckets?

1 comment:

  1. Ang, this is awesome! Hilarious and honest. You are gorgeous and I'm so proud you are working toward a healthier you. That takes courage, discipline, and a willingness to look stupid. Some have told me that my workout face (when I'm trying really hard) looks like I'm constipated-sexy! But seriously, who cares. Next time I fly somewhere, I'll grab a couple of those barf bags for ya. Ain't no shame in barfing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete